3 Mar 2010

Spring Clean

I managed to squeeze an hour in at the allotment over the weekend. I just went for a bit of a tidy up. The herb spiral is looking pretty good for this time of year. The curry plant is smelling as good as ever. Curry plants (Helichrysum italicum) are supposed to be good at deterring cats...no shortage of those at the allotments! I'm pretty sure it must work, because they have not bothered my thyme plants (most cats love thyme). The curry plant smells deliciously strongly of curry, yet it has little flavour.  It is not used as a spice in curry, as the name would suggest...it is called curry plant because of the strong curry smell.                                           

I finished off the last of the leeks (yum!), but I am rationing the rest of the rocket until the next lot is ready. I think I will start sowing more rocket under fleece next week.

I haven't had much time to visit the allotment the last couple of weeks because I've been busy preparing for the Natural Living Show which is this weekend (6th and 7th March). I will be having a stall there with my healing crystal pendants, sea glass pendants and hemp jewellery. So if you are anywhere near Swansea next weekend, why not visit me at LC2?

I should have much more allotment news after next week because I will have more time to spend there, and it looks as though spring is here. The days are becoming warmer and longer. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time on the plot.

Share/Save/Bookmark